Welcome to Associates in Neuropsychology & Collaborative Healthcare.
We wanted to take this opportunity to provide you with information that led us to implement this new model for healthcare.
For instance, did you know:
- It is estimated that 50% of the deaths from the ten most common chronic health conditions in this country are associated with modificalbe lifestyle factors (Centers for Disease Control, 1994).
- High levels of hostility have been found to predict heart disease more often than high cholesterol, cigarette smoking, and obesity (Health Psychology, 2002).
- Stress management, relaxation, and behavioral treatments can reduce the risk of death from coronary heart disease in those with and at risk for developing the disease (Archives of Internal Medicine, 1996).
- More than 1/3 of Americans say they have had an illness that was primarily caused by stress (American Psychological Association, 2005).
- Work-related stress can double one’s risk of dying from heart disease (British Medical Journal, 2002).
- Consumers report that talk therapy was more effective than drug therapy for depression and anxiety (Consumer Reports, 2004).
- Collaboration among health professionals can help cardiac patients reduce their risk factors for another heart attack (Annals of Internal Medicine, 1994).
ANCH is a psychological practice that is concerned with the behavioral, social, and emotional aspects of health. Consistent with the Biopsychosocial Model, ANCH is dedicated to collaborating with physicians, providing consultation with agencies, and offering direct clinical services to improve the health and well-being of individuals, families, and communities and to support the effectiveness of medical intervention.
- Neuropsychological Evaluation
- Dementia Diagnosis & Management
- ADHD & Learning Disabilities Evaluation & Management
- Health & Primary Care Psychology
- Adjustment to Chronic & Terminal Illness
- Stress and Pain Management/Lifestyle Change
- Caregiver Support